Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Books

So Josh and I started reading the books we got for our wedding (For men only, and For Women Only) and i really love them.

Karen told me that I had to read For Men Only first, so i did. While I was reading it I felt that it really hit on a lot of the problems that me and Josh are having. It did a very good job of explaining the way I view the world compared to the way Josh/men view the world. It touched on things like financial security Vs. relationship security, which is something Josh has trouble separating. I also liked how it put it flat out there to men that men and women are programed different therefor process information very differently.

After I finished his book it was time for us to read our own book together. This was a little bit harder to accomplish. I basically had to bribe Josh with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Imagine that giving him food to get what I want. I should write a book "If You Give a Man a Sandwich..." we all know how the rest goes... "then he'll want a glass of milk."

Back to the thought at hand. He read the first chapter with me that night and didn't say ANYTHING Ahhh that frustrates me but, just like i had read in the For Men Only book men like to think and process their information and women like to talk about it. So i didn't say anything i just went to sleep and let him think about it.

The next night we again read a chapter each.
I am really starting to enjoy this nightly practice and I think he is too because, last night I didn't even have to bring it up. I was sitting on the bed folding clothes and before I knew I looked over at him and he was reading his book!

So my lesson learned: Even if I have to bribe him the first time I should fell confident enough in him to know that he does want to work on our relationship just as bad as I do.


One question though, when do we get to talk about???! Do I have to wait for week after we read the books to actually ask him what he liked about it and what he feels was good/bad advise???

Oh well I guess I will just be patient.

No comments: